The Adolescent & Young Adult Health National Resource Center, together with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), held a webinar on October 27th, 2021 titled The Urgency and Strategies for Improving Young Adult COVID-19 Immunization Rates.
The webinar, featuring a panel of young adults and, focusd on key strategies for advancing young adult COVID-19 immunization rates, including:
- Understanding the main reasons young adults are not getting vaccinated
- Identifying the influences on young adults’ vaccine beliefs and behaviors
- Identifying strategies and messages that public health organizations can take to motivate YA timely action on vaccination
Guest speakers include:
- Michael D. Warren, MD MPH FAAP Associate Administrator, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, HRSA
- Ethan Lindenberger, Immunization Advocate, Unity Consortium Co-Lead for Teen Advisory Board
- Chynna Lloyd, West Program Coordinator, Young Invincibles
- Francine Rios-Fetchko, Research Analyst, Latinx Center of Excellence, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- Charles E. Irwin, Jr., MD, Director, Division of Adolescent & Young Adult Medicine, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, UCSF; Director, Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center
Slides of the webinar are available for download here.
AYAH-NRC data sources for this presentation may be accessed here.