SAVE THE DATE!
The Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center (AYAH-NRC) is pleased to announce the second Learning Community series:
Marketing the Adolescent and Young Adult Well Visit
“Relevance = Experiences Plus Sharing”
REGISTER – http://bit.ly/2rzOePm
Tuesday, July 11th
10am – 11:30am Alaska
8am – 9:30am Hawaii
This virtual learning series will provide thought-provoking ideas and concepts from commercial marketers to inform our approaches to engaging young people in health.
In a world where there are a bazillion messages and everyone gets to pick their own media channel, how do we “reach” young people with our agenda? We don’t A discussion about achieving relevance when we aren’t.
Participants of the entire series will:
- Use a broad definition of marketing to inform their work
- Generalize about generational differences
- Apply consumer insights about AYA to public health challenges
- Innovate thinking about and approaches to communicating to young people
Glynis Shea is the Communications Director for the Konopka Institute for Best Practices in Adolescent Health at the University of Minnesota. A former Saatchi & Saatchi ad exec with nearly 30 years of marketing communications experience, Glynis now applies her marketing communications expertise to the challenges of the youth serving community. Her work is funded by several grants including the Adolescent & Young Adult Health National Resource Center (HRSA/MCHB funded technical assistance for State MCH professionals) and the Healthy Youth Development • Prevention Research Center (funded by the CDC to explore prevention strategies through community collaboration).
But wait, there’s more!
See attached flyer for more information on the new Marketing the Adolescent and Young Adult Well Learning Community Series and upcoming event in the series.
Missed last webinar in this series? Click here (http://bit.ly/2qaBs8S) to view an archived recording of the first webinar in this series, Millennials and Founders= Market “Disruptors.” Click here (http://bit.ly/2sM9Jjo) to view an archived recording of the second webinar in this series, “Co-creation > youth engagement?”
Stay tuned for upcoming webinars in this series:
- #effyourbeautystandards – August 8 @ 2pm ET: Yes, cat gifs. And, clickbait. But also, hashtag activism. Young people aren’t shy about sharing their agenda — are we listening? A discussion about how young people translate values to action via technology. Register here: http://bit.ly/2rzVsTN
- Health literacy v. the lookup generation – September 19 @ 2pm ET: Google and WebMD have all the answers and I can get them while ordering an appetizer. So we’ve got health literacy covered, right? A discussion that re-defines what health literacy really means. Register here: http://bit.ly/2sPK4Hk
For More Information:
UMN/State Adolescent Health Resource Center (a partner of the Adolescent & Young Adult Health National Resource Center)
Content/Series Host: Glynis Shea, email@example.com
Logistics/Technology: Rena Large, firstname.lastname@example.org