Read the full guide, “Improving Young Adult Health: State & Local Strategies for Success,” online or as a PDF.
- Table 1. Labor force status of 2018 high school graduates and 2017-2018 high school dropouts 16 to 24 years old by school enrollment, educational attainment, sex, race, and Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, October 2018. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/hsgec.t01.htm. Published April 26, 2019.
- Frank A. Why Reimagining Prison for Young Adults Matters. Vera Institute. Published February 28, 2017.
- Supporting Older Youth in Foster Care. National Conference of State Legislatures. Published May 2, 2019.
- Berchick ER, Barnett JC, & Upton RD. Current Population Reports, P60-267(RV), Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2018, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC. Published November 2019.
- Bonnie R, Luna B, Brindis C, et al. Investing in the Health and Well-Being of Young Adults. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council of the National Academies. Published 2014.
- Settersten RA, Furstenburg FF, Rumbaut RG, eds. On the Frontier of Adulthood: Theory, Research and Public Policy. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 2005.
- Internal Revenue Service. SOI Tax Stats – Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income. All Returns: Number of Returns; Classified by Size of Adjusted Gross Income, Marital Status, and Age of Taxpayer; Tax Year 2017.
- Matsa KE & Shearer E. News Use Across Social Media Platforms 2018. Pew Research Center. Published September 10, 2018.
- Unintended Pregnancy in the United States. Guttmacher Institute. 2019.
- Kessler RC, Amminger GP, Aguilar-Gaxiola S, Alonso J, Lee S, Ustün TB. Age of onset of mental disorders: a review of recent literature. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2007;20(4):359–364. doi:10.1097/YCO.0b013e32816ebc8c
- “Two New Federal Surveys Show Stable Uninsured Rate,” Health Affairs Blog, September 13, 2018. DOI: 10.1377/hblog20180913.896261
- Frey W.H. The millennial generation: A demographic bridge to America’s diverse future. Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program. 2018.
- New GLAAD study reveals twenty percent of millennials identify as LGBTQ. GLAAD. 2017
- Smith A. & Anderson M. Social Media Use in 2018. Pew Research Center. 2018.
- Myers, L. How Often to Post on Social Media: 2019 Success Guide. LouiseM. 2019.
- Tien, S. & Aynsley M. The Best Time to Post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Hootsuite. 2019.
- Icons made by Freepik and Vectors Market, available at flaticon.com
- Photos from stocksnap.io and pexels.com
back to Table of Contents