The Adolescent and Young Adult Health Research Network (AYAH-RN) held a workshop at the SAHM 2017 Annual Meeting— “Cultivating Connections: The Importance of Relationships in Adolescent and Young Adult Health.”
AYAH-RN Workshop, March 8, 2017, “USING TECHNOLOGY TO EXTEND CLINICIANS’ PREVENTIVE REACH.”
The Network is pleased to share presentations given by our staff and partners.
- Dr. Ozer, AYAH-RN Project Director,presented on the following topics:
- Overview of the AYAH-RN;
- Spectrum of prevention strategies & clinical preventive services (CPS); and
- How technology offers a way to extend clinician’s reach for preventive services.
- Dr. Sion Harris, Boston Children’s Hospital, presented on technology-based strategies for adolescent substance abuse prevention.
- Dr. Charlene Wong, from Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University,presented on wearable devices & mobile health for AYA preventive care.
- Dr. Elissa Weitzman from Boston Children’s Hospital presented (click ‘read only’ to view) on social networking sites and online health communities for preventive care of AYAs.