The Adolescent and Young Adult Health Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network or “CoIIN” held its first CoIIN Summit on September 22-24, 2015 for Cohort 1 states: New Mexico, Texas, Iowa, Mississippi, and Vermont.
The Center is pleased to share presentations given by our staff and guest speakers at the first CoIIN Summit.
- AYAH-NRC Project Director, Dr. Charles E. Irwin, gave two presentations on: 1.) Improving Access to Preventive Services: A Lifecourse Approach; and 2.) system-wide interventions to improve access and quality of care for AYAs in California.
- AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Dr. Claire Brindis, and NAHIC Project Associate, Lauren Twietmeyer, presented on Lessons Learned From States: Increasing Coverage & Preventive Visits for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYAs).
- AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Dr. Wendy Davis, from the University of Vermont National Improvement Partnership Network (NIPN) presented on Improving Adolescent and Young Adult Clinical Practice: A Quality Improvement Approach.
- AYAH-NRC Partner, Judy Shaw, from the Vermont Child Health Improvement Program (VCHIP) presented on Bright Futures and Social Determinants of Health.
- AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Kristin Tiepel, and AYAH-NRC Partner, Glynis Shea, facilitated a presentation with the AYAH-NRC Youth Advocates and Leaders on Adolescent/Youth Adult-Centered Care.
- Erin Hemlin, National Training Director from Young Invincibles, presented on Reaching and Engaging Millennials in Health Care: Notes from the Field.