The Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center has created a variety of resources (e.g., tools, webinars, fact sheets, presentations) of a breadth of health care topics related to adolescents and young adults (ages 10-25).
Below is a list of related Center resources, sorted chronologically, with our most recent resources at the top of the list. This list will be continually updated as new resources become available.
- Presentations from March 2017 on: tools, resources, and initiatives to increase receipt of the well visit & preventive services; innovations in CPS delivery systems; and the potential impact of health reform on CPS. Click here to see these presentations given at the 2017 SAHM meeting.
- In May 2016, two webinars on ‘marketing the well-visit‘ were hosted by the State Adolescent Health Resource Center (SAHRC), core Center partner. Click here to view to the first webinar on ‘market disruptors‘, and here for the second webinar on ‘co-creation.’
- This compendium offers promising practices from “top performing” states related to improving access to health insurance and quality preventive visits among AYAs. Read about innovative efforts to create partnerships, reach special populations, use social media, engage youth and more!
- In May 2016, NAHIC’s Dr. Irwin presented at the “Title V ESM Learning Lab: Adolescent Health” hosted by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau on adolescent well-visit strategies and evidence-informed strategy measures. Click here to view Dr. Irwin’s slides and other resources.
- Learn about the strategies from our CoIIN states! These strategies are a good starting place for anyone looking to increase receipt of quality preventive services for adolescents and young adults. Download our strategies document here.
- In April 2016, NAHIC updated its young adult “preventive service toolkit,” an-easy-to-use reference tool to guide clinicians in delivering recommended preventive services. Please click here to see the updated version. We also created a new adolescent toolkit designed to support delivery of preventive services to adolescents. The new adolescent toolkit is available here.
- Presentations from March 2016 on: state and consumer initiatives to increase receipt of preventive care; research on the ACA, insurance enrollment and receipt of services; EMRs; and new technology. Click here to see these presentations given at the 2016 SAHM meeting.
- This Fact Sheet summarizes the evidence base for adolescent and young adult health clinical preventive services, with emphasis on those services recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. (updated March 2016)
- The National Network of State Adolescent Health Coordinators (NNSAHC), core Center partner, conducted a webinar series on “Adolescent Health: Exploring Effective Screening and Referral Processes Webcast Education Series.”
- In February 2016, AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Dr. Claire Brindis published an original paper that assessed the mental health and well-being needs of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) youth. Click here to view the abstract.
- In January 2016, NAHIC partner, the National Improvement Partnership Network (NIPN) released an updated set of the quality improvement measures to assess and track progress within and among pediatric and family practices. Check out the new measures here.
- In December 2015, Center staff participated in a webinar to provide states with existing resources and evidence-based strategies related to NPM #10. Click here to view the archived webinar and presentation slides.
- In October 2015, AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Dr. Claire Brindis published a paper to identify innovative strategies and programs that promote adolescent sexual health. Click here to view the article.
- In September 2015, the Adolescent and Young Adult Health Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network or “CoIIN” held its first Summit for Cohort 1 states. Presentations covered a breadth of topics, including: quality improvement, youth-centered care, and improving access to preventive care. Click here to view the presentations.
- In August 2015, AYAH-NRC Co-Project Director, Dr. Claire Brindis presented at the CDC Public Health Grand Rounds that addressed challenges to providing care to adolescents and ways to encourage adolescents to adopt healthy behaviors.
- In June 2015, NAHIC published an article comparing rates of past-year preventive visits among adolescents and young adults. Check out what the data revealed and why it it’s important here.
- In May 2015, AYAH-NRC Director, Dr. Charles E. Irwin, presented at UCSF’s 48th Annual Advances & Controversies in Clinical Pediatrics conference. Dr. Irwin’s presentation focused on primary care management of adolescent depression.
- In March 2015, Center staff presented at the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM). This presentation focused on young adults’ health and health care issues, and how health care access and utilization has changed under the ACA implementation.
- In January 2015, the Center led a skills building session at the 2015 Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) Annual Conference. This workshop focused on how the Title V Grant transformation addresses opportunities to improve adolescent and young adult health and healthcare, with a special focus on preventive services and the ACA.
Can’t find the topic you’re looking for? Use the search box and ‘Popular Topics’ menu to find other resources produced by NAHIC.